I am not sure why I just don't get it. Sure I act like I am 15 sometimes (Some may argue most times), but mentally have I not moved beyond that? Have I not learned anything? Have 15 years of marriage not taught me anything?
Finally, I sat down and had a great talk with my wife the other day. Communication really is the key. It was great! Reminded me of the good old days when we weren't "too busy". I needed the reminder. It seems I can't remember anything lately.
Thanks Honey, for being patient, forgiving and willing to put up with me. You reminded me why I fell in love with you so many years ago, and why despite everything I do, you love me and really are my best friend.
Afterwards, I felt so close to you and so much in love. Now granted one talk doesn't fix everything or make every wrong I have ever done go away, but it made me want to keep talking and working on things. I want to be better. You deserve it. You are a great listener.
For anyone that reads this. Go talk to your spouse, significant other, a friend, or "your Person". We all have those few people in our lives that we can do anything, say anything, tell anything, and they still like us or even love us. Tell them thanks for being there, for all they do, that you appreciate and love them. Keep the communication open, it is what part of life is all about.
It would be a sad world without those people. I am grateful for mine.
Thanks family, friends, my person and my best friend, my Wife.
Sweetie you are the best thing in my life, I can't imagine it without you. Thanks for your patience and love, and most of all thanks for communicating with me. It makes all the difference in the world.
I am not there yet! But I am working on it and with your help and communicating with me I have hope that I may actually get there someday.
N.B.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment