Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Communication #2 or Commute #1

Everyday I ride a train from my home town (Village) to NYC and back again. I go in early in the morning, usually see the same people, sit in almost the same seat (See Do I look fat in these pants? post earlier about my predictable nature), and ride the same train.

People that early in the morning generally know the proper "Train Etiquette" I say hi to my friends and chat while on the train platform, but once the train doors open and you find your seat. Proper etiquette dictates that you shut your yapper, leave me alone and don't talk to me or anyone else (Especially on your cell phone). My friends say have a great day, I say the same and we don't say another word. None needs to be said. I have after all counted this 30 minutes into my allotted sleep time and I don't want anyone destroying it.

So why is it that on the way home people always seem to forget these rules? They talk on their cellphones, pack into the middle seat and generally drive me crazy.

Here are a couple of examples. I will have many more to come.

#1 Leg Man!


Why is it that when I am sitting in one of the end "4 square seats" that I have to get that late dude that runs onto the train just as the doors close want to sit by me. He has the nerve to come up and wants me to move my legs so that he can sit in the seat. He is usually sweating and breathing heavy. He moves past all the other proper people that are standing in the doorway (because even they know that you don't go sit there). I would love to say something like "I don't wrap my legs around dudes" or "If I want heavy breathing and intertwined legs I'll make a date with my wife not a trip on the 5:33, find another seat".

Occasionally there are some perks to the ride. They are few and far between but I do enjoy them when they come. She had Dumps like a truck, truck, truck, Thighs like a what, what, what, baby move your butt, butt, butt, I think I'll sing it again.



So there you have it a couple of things that drive me crazy and leave me speechless.
I need to learn to communicate better or just have to suck it up and accept the consequences.

Enjoy,
N.B.

No comments: