Friday, June 6, 2008

Commute #2 (Twister anyone)?

I have a bit of time on my hands and figured it was about time to blog again. This is a commute post that some can probably relate to.

Train trouble. Winter just seems to bring out the best, delays, wet, dirty and of course Metro North had to have the train short a car so even though I am there early, the train gets packed and my commute gets ugly. No problem I thought I just got the new IPOD, I'll put in the headphones and disappear (Nap) from the commute for 30 minutes. So while I was leg locked in a game of twister with 3 other passengers along comes some other DB that wants the 5th seat, in the corner, where there is already no room. Right foot on Green!

I have to digress for a paragraph. When I think of Twister, I can't help but think of my 10th anniversary, Sandals resort. Adults only, about 80% of the people are there on their honeymoon the other 20% are on their anniversary. We go down to the concierge office to pick out some movies or games to play and there in the cabinet with UNO, and backgammon is Twister. Twister? Are you serious? At an adults only, Honeymoon resort, Twister? Now I pride myself on being a bit freaky and usually don't get creeped out, but even that was a bit much for me to handle. So if you go to Sandals St. Lucia and stay in the ocean view concierge suite, think of me while you are playing twister in your room.

OK. Back to the commute. So I get waken up by this guy that wants to move in. I have the headphones blasting trying to forget where I am, and I say under my breath, "you have to be kidding". However with the Headphones on it sounded like, "YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING!". The guy just looked at me and then proceeded to sit down in the seat anyway.

For the record this is not a good ride home!


And Mr. Green Shirt. I don't know what you think you are packing but don't flatter yourself. Be considerate and don't take up unnecessary space, I doubt you needed it!

N.B.

No comments: