Well after some resistance I have finally entered this crazy world of blogging. I am not sure exactly what pushed me over the edge. I will leave the decision up to you.
Here are a few possible reasons:
1. Maybe I figured it was about time.
2. After stalking so many other people’s blogs it is time to return the favor.
3. I am really boring and have too much time on my hands.
4. Maybe I just need a place to vent or put my thoughts down on paper (blog).
5. I have lost the skill to write in any style that resembles a complete sentence.
I think that there is a bit of truth to each of these reasons. I feel like I am the only person without a blog. I mean even my kids have one. I love reading theirs and those of my friends. I check them on an almost daily basis, and while they are all different I appreciate each one for individual reasons. I realize that many if not all of them are much better, much cooler and more awesome than I am and they are all much closer to "being there" than I am.
The truth is I don't think that I am boring or that I have too much time on my hands, but I have been known to get into that never ending blog loop where you look up and realize that you have been sitting at the computer for an hour (ok its been two hours but its a blog and I can lie and say anything I want) and as far as too much time I could be doing any number of things at 12:37 AM like um...um...well I could be sleeping.
I do think that I need an outlet. Don't get me wrong, my wife and family are awesome. I am a very lucky man. My friends are equally fantastic, but there are just times when you need to get it out yourself, or maybe they aren't available. Plus I think that many times they probably tolerate me and would really rather be doing something else than listen the crap I am spreading around!
Lastly, I hardly think that anyone out there can or will ever get as much enjoyment from anything I may write as I probably have from theirs, but maybe this will keep me out of that never ending blog circle. I also think that it can't hurt my grammar, spelling and sentence structure. I have to get better if I am forced to put down in a coherent form something that someone else may read right?
Well let’s hope that this doesn't end up being a lesson in frustration or some phase that I go through. I would like to frequently post my thoughts and observations along this trip I call life. I hope it ends up containing some funny musings or observations, some personal thoughts and maybe even some lessons learned. It may turn into an online journal of sorts. I hope not, but you never know. Hopefully it helps me move a bit closer to "there". And for anyone that may ever read this, whatever "there" means to you, I hope it helps move you there too. Either with a smile, a laugh, maybe it is something you can relate to or something that you never want to be.
So just like when we were kids on a road trip in the car and we were incessantly bothering our parents, ask yourself that same question "Are we there yet?"
For me the answer is NO! and therein lies the reason for my blog.
N.B. (Naughty Bishop)
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment