Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Alone Time = A Lame Time

Today it really hit me that I am all alone. When I came in the door tonight there was no one here to great me with a kiss. No kids running and fighting to see who could give dad the first hug. At least they call it the first hug.

I call it the first shot to the nuts. If I have things in my hands and can't aggressively block. I get hit every time. I don't know what it is but it's like a magnet, like the old "kick me" signs you used to stick on someones back. Maybe they are just perfectly situated to be repeatedly hit, kicked, jumped on, etc. I mean I can't even have a kid lay by me in bed without getting kicked all night long. It usually drives me crazy and yet today I missed it. I missed it all. No noise, no fighting, no laughing, nothing.

I wondered what I might be able to do to occupy my time. Don't get me wrong some alone time is good but I have had 5 days of alone time. I guess they say if you can't enjoy yourself who will, right? No that's not right, maybe they say, if you don't like spending time with yourself who will? Anyway, I don't know what they say but I can get bored of myself after about 10 minutes. I did think of one thing. I would would really like to do this for a few hours.


Well I do have the blog to catch up on but I haven't had much time to do that. I have been working on other items on my list. I hope to have more time tomorrow. I did check another item off the list though, I played Guitar Hero and Rock Band tonight until the neighbor downstairs knocked on the ceiling. Twice! At least I can feel like I accomplished something today!

Oh well it's late. I should already be in bed but I just can't sleep. I have a client lunch tomorrow and will be getting home early. Maybe I will add go swimming to the list of things to do. That sounds fun!



Goodnight my friends, and to my wife and kids, I miss you and I love you!
N.B.

No comments: